Locating Non-Custodial Parents

To establish the paternity of a child, obtain an order of support, or enforce that order, a legal notice must be given to the alleged or absent parent. The notice must comply with Civil rules of Procedure which require that documentation that the persons involved have received appropriate notice. Notice is often given by certified mail or by personal service by the Sheriff’s office. This requires that the Child Support office have correct home or employment addresses. If a Child Support applicant does not know the location of the other parent, the Child Support office can assist in locating alleged or absent parents.